Monday, August 17, 2015

Best of COLLABORATE 15: Me!

A few weeks ago I let you all know about getting selected for the Best of COLLABORATE 15 webinar series for OAUG, but I must tell you that I was kind of nervous with my previous (only) webinar experience being not that great!  This morning I woke up early, got to work really early, made sure nothing was pending so I could rehearse my presentation one last time (part of Tim Hall's presentation tips) so that at 7:45 I was ready for the webinar prep to begin but due to technical difficulties on the organizer's part they did not get online until around 7:55 so the prep was really rushed!  Fortunately, I have had to deal with a few issues while presenting so this really did not throw me for a loop and I was off and running!  Until I got to about slide 3 or 4 that is.  Unfortunately I got stopped by one of the organizers to let me know that the screen had went dead because it seems the person that started the webinar for us left and that caused my presentation to stop sharing out to the participants!  This lead to a few minutes while I scrambled to get my e-mail back open, log back into the webinar, then have to reshare and figure out where I was in the presentation.  It was only a few minutes, but it made me feel rushed through the whole presentation like I had to keep talking and talking without taking a breath, and I am thinking that showed through, but I really hope it did not!  Probably does not help a whole lot that I have felt like I am coming down with a fever the last few days and my throat was sore when I woke up this morning, but I had drank enough fluids this morning so I could get through the session without having to stop and drink at all.

Overall, I think I would score myself around 8.5-9 out of 10 for the webinar because I was able to get through the difficulties and run through all of my information so I feel like the people that joined were able to really get something out of the 50 minutes (even if nobody asked questions afterwards).  I am looking forward to getting into another webinar so I can take the lessons I learned previously and combine it with a chance to run through a presentation without any technical difficulties at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment