Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everybody!!  It is about this time that I reflect and thank everybody for being such loyal viewers of the blog, which is especially true this year after the reveal yesterday that I have finally crossed the 40,000 page views mark!!  What are some of the resolutions I have this year for myself and the blog?  Without further ado here is a short list I have come up with:
  • Return to my weekly Twitter column - This is something that is going to take a lot of effort on my part to complete, but I need to be reading more than just a few hours of my Twitter feed a week.
  • (Super secret project) - I know, I know.  This is not fair to list like this, but this project is going to be a focus of mine for the coming year and I will post more about it as soon as I get back to work and catch up about how it will come about.
  • Continue to create new presentation content - This ties into the item above, but I am going to be looking for other opportunities to generate new content which the Support community at large will find valuable!
  • Visit new conferences - Obviously going to RMOUG for the first time ever in February this one is checked off, but I am not going to rest on my laurels so I am going to pursue new opportunities as they arise!
  • Get published again - I found out that Oracle had published my whitepaper early last year, but I have not had an opportunity to push towards this again and I hope to change that this year.
  • Start discussions about Support - While I have been on vacation I had hoped to have more details about this cemented, but with a lot going on I did not yet get a chance to put my cunning plans into motion.  Watch the blog for more details around Support discussions!
  • Keep working towards Oracle ACE - Being considered for the Oracle ACE program last year was a really big deal to me, and even though I did not get in, that does not mean that I am not shooting for this eventually or that some of my plans are not related to it.  Looking forward to getting some momentum going on this, so by the end of the year I will have a good candidacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment