Saturday, November 15, 2014

Weekend Learning: Inside Cary Millsap's learning

Earlier this year, Cary posted a really great article about how he learned so much about "Oracle" and I recommend that you read it (and take it to heart) if you are just getting started with Oracle technology.  While I am of course nowhere near where Cary is, I think it is very interesting how his path mirrors how my path went because of how much he was in the field and in Support that is my entire life every day.  What is pretty different is how he saw the application causing the majority of the problems while a lot of what I see is the database having problems or not understanding the interaction between the two.  Also do yourself a favor and follow each and every blogger Cary listed, all of them you can find on my blog roll, because it is important to practice continuous learning!

I learned a new book to read from reading his article, with a few other takeaways too.  What did you take away from this?

No comments:

Post a Comment