Monday, November 3, 2014

Data Quality: What is it good for? Absolutely nothing! Right?

Recently I have read several great articles about data, and the quality of it, so I am going to have a Data Quality week to highlight the different dimensions surrounding data and data quality.  I will start with this article asking if data quality is worth the effort, and how we can quantify it.  I thought it was a stroke of genius to put forward the idea that not every data quality issue needs to be fixed because in today's hypersensitive environment of "Big Data" or "Business Intelligence" having the right data, in the right format, with the correct delivery seems like the only recipe for success.  Well, that is the only story I really see being put out there because nobody is suggesting we have bad, or incorrect, data in our systems and that is exactly what data quality means in this context.  So I will ask again, what is data quality good for?

No comments:

Post a Comment